Is your Netgear extender not connecting to wifi router? If yes, then you are at right place. Here, in this post we will discuss various troubleshooting steps to get rid of Netgear extender not connecting to wifi router. So let’s start:
Reason Behind Netgear Extender Not Connecting To Wifi Router:
- Loose wired connections.
- Partial extender reset.
- Netgear extender setup is not completed properly.
- Netgear extender blinking orange.
- Lost internet connectivity.
- Home wifi router is not configured properly.
These were major reasons behind the Netgear wifi extender not connecting to router.
Troubleshooting Netgear Extender Not Connecting To Router:
- Make sure your Netgear extender and wifi router are powered on and getting fluctuation free power supply.
- Make sure the LED lights on your extender is stabled.
- Place your wifi router and Netgear extender in the same room.
- When you placed your extender make sure it is away from walls, ceilings, corners and also reflexive surfaces such as mirror, glass and fish tanks.
- It is recommended to make a wired connection between your extender and wifi router.
- Use an undamaged and cut free LAN cable.
- Unplug your extender from the wall socket.
- Wait for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Plug the extender in the wall socket again.
- Turn on your extender.
- If all the connections are proper, but you are again getting the same issue, then try resetting your Netgear extender. In case you don’t know how to reset Netgear extender, then take the help of technical experts at My WiFi Ext Fix.