Despite spending billions every year on lotions and creams such as the Algovital Angel range of skin care products, in order to make skin younger looking and healthier, many people still abide by a lifestyle that is counterproductive to looking beautiful. Consider the following habits that can harm your skin and make life much more difficult for you, no matter how fun they seem or impossible to avoid.
1. No smoking! No matter what your age or other influences on your health, smoking is the absolute worst thing you can do to your body, including your skin. Filling your lungs up with carcinogens deprives every cell in your body of oxygen and instead circulates poison. Nothing will age your skin faster than smoking and nothing kills more people than puffing away at those cigarettes.
2. Stop staying up past midnight. Unless you are cramming for exams or polishing up a really important business presentation, make sure you get a full eight hours of sleep every night. Sleeping restores your skin and puts your body back in high-gear. Not getting enough of it will have a negative impact on not just your face, but your brain, energy and appetite as well. Invest in soft bedding with as little friction to skin as possible, too.
3. Reduce the intensity of your partying. Alcohol dehydrates you and that includes your complexion. Recent medical findings indicate that it also contributes to many cancers as well, so try enjoying the bubbly and brew in moderation. Your skin will look firmer and retain its elasticity longer and you will also have more vitality throughout the day.
4. Quit the mile-a-minute lifestyle. Stress is not your skin's friend, in fact, it is the enemy to every part of your body. Despite all that you must get done in a day, it's important to slow down and learn the art of relaxation. A lot of science backs-up the benefits of alleviating stress and tension and you will see a big difference in the quality of your skin.
5. Give up your love of tanning. Yes, it looks good on you, but considering how bad sun exposure and tanning beds are to your skin, it's not worth the risk. Look for a gently bronzing lotion to give you that sun-kissed glow without all the UV dangers. Consider not just the wrinkling that you will be prone to, but also the increased possibility of developing melanoma.
6. Drive by the drive-thru. Your diet plays a major role in your beautiful skin and fast food isn't doing you any favors. Processed foods that are high in bad fats and sodium will cause you frequent break-outs and deprive your skin of necessary nutrients. Instead, pack a fast snack of fruits and whole grain products, such as granola or trail mix. Your entire body will benefit.
These unhealthy habits contribute to unhealthy skin and once that damage is done, there's no going back. Start taking better care of your body for more beautiful skin, and manage your lifestyle to include a lot of TLC for yourself.