When you factory reset the extender, all the personalized settings like username, password and network name will be deleted and you have to configure again from scratch. A factory reset is preferred if you find a problem connecting the range extender to the router or if the wireless devices are not connecting to the range extender even after the Netgear N300 Wi-Fi range extender setup.
Now, we are going to shed light on steps to reset the extender using the reset button:
- Check if the extender power light is on or not.
- Search for the ‘Extender reset’ or factory reset button. The button is usually given on the backside of hardware.
- Use a paper clip or any sharp tip object to press the factory button. Release after you find the power LED turn off and on.
How to reset the extender using the web interface?
- Login to the extender using the Netgear genie wizard. If you can’t access the Netgear Genie setup wizard, then contact the experts or click on the link which says the same on the page.
- If you find the menu displayed on the screen after login, click on ‘Menu’ and check it.
- The settings option is available under the menu. Click to open it.
- Under the ‘Other’ option, click ‘Reset’. A confirmation message will be displayed on the screen after you click ‘Yes’.
- This reset the extender and you can enjoy the seamless experience of the internet on all the wireless devices again.
After performing the factory reset function on your wireless range extender, you will have to reconfigure the device again to start using as a range extender again. If you need further support or assistance related to the rebooting of your extender, then you can contact the extender experts available round the clock. You can call thier toll free number and get the required help. They will first take your query over email or phone call and reply to you instantly.